CS2 Software Engineer - Java in Ft. Meade, Maryland
CS2 Consulting is a small IT contractor headquartered in Hanover, MD that provides high level solutions to Federal Government customers and are always looking for high quality professionals to join our team. We provide competitive benefits and compensation packages including 8% 401(k) match, 160hrs PTO, tuition assistance, professional development/career road-mapping, and pet insurance.
Position Title: Software Engineer – Java
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Salary Range: Open
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
The Software Engineer designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. These systems might include, but are not limited to, processing intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems, and systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and systems development and monitoring. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports.
Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Open Source Software (OSS) and/or Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) software in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Experience developing in Unix. Ability to perform shell scripting. Working knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) tools and Web Services implementation..
• Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment; development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications
• Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
• Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
• Experience with source code control systems, such as Git
• Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance
• Experience using collaboration and software development tools (i.e. Atlassian)
• Experience with container technologies (i.e. Docker)
• Development of event driven or data driven analytics
Education & Related Experience:
• Either a Doctorate plus 1 year ,OR Master's plus 3 years, OR Bachelor's plus 5 years, OR Associate's plus 7 years, OR H.S./GED plus 9 years is required
• One of the following DoD approved certifications: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP+ CE, GCIH, GCED, CCNP Security, CySA+, or GICSP