Sheppard Pratt Health System Facilities Technician II in Gaithersburg, Maryland
Summary: Responsible for performing routine building maintenance and repairs. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.). Perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Monitors contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- May act as the project coordinator for all size projects including large scale repair and new facility construction projects.
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and determines when an electrician is required.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed.
- Dismantles and installs furniture.
- Transports goods or equipment as assigned.
- Basic vehicle maintenance.
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Maintain inventory of purchases in a neat and organized manner.
- Procure materials for projects ensuring tax exempt card is used at all times.
- Keeps in compliance with OSHA regulations using safety equipment and procedures at all times.
- H.S. or trade school education plus 3 years facilities and vehicle maintenance experience.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, and have the ability to climb, crawl, and maneuver in confined spaces.
- Driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule.
- Extensive carpentry, plumbing, electrical, repair work and some janitorial.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work well with people of all levels in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company's attendance and punctuality standards.