BioReference Laboratories Marketing Product Manager in GAITHERSBURG, Maryland
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
GeneDx is seeking a Marketing Product Manager to work at our Gaithersburg, MD or Elmwood Park, NJ location.
GeneDx is a rapidly growing CAP and CLIA certified diagnostic genetic testing laboratory for molecular genetics. Our historic mission has been to make clinical diagnostic testing available for people with genetic conditions and their families. We apply cutting edge technologies that provide a wide array of molecular genetic diagnostic tests, including whole exome sequencing and next-generation sequencing panels. We specialize in genetic testing for rare hereditary disorders, but also test for common disorders. To learn more about GeneDx, please visit our website at www.genedx.com.
The GeneDx Marketing Product Manager establishes the road map for their clinical marketing programs. It is a multifaceted role requiring a combined skill set of scientific understanding and business acumen.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some nights as weekends as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Understands the science behind the products and identifies new markets or targets audiences based on this knowledge
- Develops and executes a marketing plan to drive awareness, increase knowledge, improve customer experience and grow sales for GeneDx products and services
- Works with Sales and Clinical Team to facilitate clinician and patient education through brochures, videos, websites, e-blasts, presentations, webinars, speaking programs, etc.
- Interfaces with all functional areas including: Field Sales, Clinical, Laboratory, Operations, IT, Regulatory, Legal and Compliance
- Writes copy and crafts marketing materials to highlight our products and services to align with multiple target audiences (clinicians, patients, payers, etc.)
- Creates patient-facing content to drives patient empowerment
- Promotes awareness and reputation through social and digital media
- Designs digital marketing campaigns, using ongoing campaign metrics to inform future decisions
- Performs competitive research and benchmarking
- Acquires, analyzes, and acts on market research information, including, but not limited to, planning and executing focus group meetings with varying types of current and potential clients
- Identifies the key thought leaders in the industry and develops a strong working relationship with them, so they become advisors to the company and advocate the company's products
- Works with scientific advisory board and uses their expertise and resources to grow the business
- Evaluates, understands, and predicts competitors' activities
- Researches new technologies and collaborates with our clinical team for market entrance
- Provides clinical/technical training and support for our sales force
- Utilizes the voice of the customer, market data, competitive intelligence and literature to recommend new products and maintain and improve existing ones
- Participates in and develops materials for effectively exhibiting at industry conferences and tradeshows.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Genetics, Business, Health Science, Molecular Biology, or related field
- 3+ years of marketing work experience (excluding internships) in clinical diagnostics, genetics, and/or the healthcare field (lab, pharma, clinical, etc.)
- Adept at marketing via social and digital media
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofing
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate teams comprised of Sales, R&D, Lab, IT, billing, etc.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- High energy, enthusiasm and overall positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex clinical topics quickly
- History of success in marketing and/or sales
- Ability to travel 20% of the time. Some overnights will also be required for conferences, trade shows, sales meetings, etc. (approximately 6-8 times per year)
- Position can be physically based in Elmwood Park, NJ or Gaithersburg, MD. Remote work is a possibility only for an exceptional candidate with proven experience working remotely in a corporate environment and the ability to travel regularly to Elmwood Park and/or Gaithersburg.
- Experience in genetic testing highly desired
- Experience with genome sequencing, exome sequencing and neurology a huge plus
- Knowledge and insight into the clinical diagnostic market
- Experience working in a regulated environment (lab, pharma, etc.) and ensuring alignment/compliance with clinical guidelines
- Experience marketing to patients for clinician-ordered products or services is ideal
GeneDx is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Req Number: GDX-20-7318
Location: GAITHERSBURG, MD 20877