BioReference Laboratories Senior Director, Marketing in GAITHERSBURG, Maryland
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
This senior-level individual will be collaborating with multiple teams to define and deliver cross-product messaging and develop innovative programs that drive demand. This role will require an eye for detail and quality along with an ability to grasp the science behind GeneDx products.
- Stay up to date with healthcare knowledge and provide proper consultation and advice.
- Identify new market segments and develop strategies to target such segments.
- Provide strategic input about business opportunities, domestic and internationally. Work with Leadership Team to understand business needs and priorities, as well as immediate scope of work.
- Collaborate with business leaders to clearly define and establish marketing-specific metrics that have a direct impact on company revenue goals.
- Build out marketing team to support design and implementation of marketing strategies to promote and create demand for existing and new products.
- Apply analytical and statistical methods to answer a variety of business questions using multiple data sources and technical tools.
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams to develop solutions, gain alignment and deliver impactful business insights; engage necessary stakeholders to enable better decision-making.
- Openly share perspective and insights to elevate team thinking and drive a balanced, holistic point of view; effectively weigh and communicate trade-off considerations.
- Take an enterprise mindset, linking individual responsibilities with broader organization; focus on outcomes that provide most business value.**
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Genetics, Business, Health Science, Molecular Biology, or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of marketing work experience (excluding internships) in clinical diagnostics, genetics services, and/or product management within the healthcare field (lab, pharma, clinical, etc.)
- Supervisory experience
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Proficient at presenting to clinicians, colleagues, and the lay public
- High energy, enthusiasm and overall positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex medical topics quickly
- History of success in marketing or sales
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate teams comprised of R&D, lab, IT, sales, billing, purchasing, etc.
- Experience in the genetic industry and/or laboratory services
- Knowledge and insight into the clinical diagnostic market
Req Number: GDX-20-7163
Location: GAITHERSBURG, MD 20877