Aerotek Buyer in GERMANTOWN, Maryland
jOB SUMMARY FROM CLIENT:
Perform general administrative functions to support Supply Chain, to include but not limited to: data entry using excel and other programs, data validation, data analysis, tracking, monitoring, coordinating of materials. The Junior Buyer is a key role within Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management. The candidate will have excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance and manage multiple supplier relationships. Key objectives within the organization will be replenishment of products and services in support of manufacturing, achieving, improving and exceeding the procurement and management of targeted stock levels within the Global supply chain
• Full supply chain support through our network of contract manufacturers and OEMs
• Plan and execute procurement of raw materials and services from global suppliers
• Maintain strong working relationships and communications with Manufacturing, Supply Chain Process Engineers and Key Suppliers to confirm production, shipping schedules and monitoring open purchase orders to ensure on-time deliveries
• Proactively report product and material availability as well as supplier performance issues
• Work with the Inventory Manager in replenishment of raw materials and components in conjunction with safety stock, min-max and other reorder points to manage targeted stock levels (TSL)
• Maintain purchase order/change order status and shipment tracking information in NetSuite ERP system
• Supplier Management: Track all open orders through delivery to Warehouses (3PL), Closeout PO’s
• Provide support to Customer Service, Sales team, Product Management with business and sentence not complete?
• Participate and contribute to monthly business objectives
• Complete special projects and assignments as requested
buyer purchasing, erp system, manufacturing process, Purchasing, Erp, Supply chain, Manufacturing
Top Skills Details:
5 years buyer/purchasing in manufacturing
5 years ERP/MRP system experience (netsuite, deltek costpoint, SAP, Oracle etc.)
Proficient in Excel ( proficient level formulas, pivot tables)
EXCEL TESTING REQUIRED ( make sure to let them know they cannot use shortcuts - 85% or higher-- must be highly proficient-- will be working in excel all day)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Manufacturing and/or Purchasing experience would be helpful.
• Experience with Buying, Materials or Master planning scheduling is helpful.
• NetSuite experience is helpful to run reports (MRP “like” system).
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.