ZCL Composites Assembler Technician in Hagerstown, Maryland
Operations and Maintenance
Hagerstown, MD, USA
Team player. Challenge seeker. Result achiever.
If this describes you, we want you on our team. We’re looking for committed, hard-working people to join our manufacturing team. Benefits include:
- Competitive wage plus a shift differential when working on 2nd Shift
- Challenging career with opportunities for advancement
- Group benefits package: employee only premiums are only 65$/month for medical and dental
- Hourly Incentive Program
- 401K matching
- Training and development opportunities through ZCL University
We are currently recruiting to the role of Fiberglass Technician (Assembler) based our Williamsport, MD (16404 Elliott Pkwy) manufacturing facility. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Fiberglass Technician (Assembler) is accountable for joining Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) components by using a hand lay-up process.
DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Operating machines and equipment or using hand tools to cut, shape, splice and fit plastic materials to form parts and assemblies
- Following blueprints and drawings to join shell halves together using a hand lay-up process
- Installing fittings, gauge plates, man-ways and other components and accessories
- Cutting and preparing composite materials from patterns to join parts and assemblies
- Making minor adjustments or repairs to products
- Using equipment including grinders, trimmers, measuring tools and rollers
- Periodically inspecting work to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Documenting information on process sheets and time cards in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintaining a neat and tidy work area
- Keeping equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Other activities as required to support the production process
- High school diploma is preferred
- General related experience or previous experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment is preferred
- Previous experience with a spray gun is a definite asset
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and drawings is an asset
- Good understanding of English, including verbal, written, and reading skills
- Ability to communicated effectively with other and work as part of a team
- Ability to learn new tools and equipment
- Good problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail in order to spot material and product defects
- Comfortable working in a fiberglass plant environment
- Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces when required
- Ability to work variable hours including overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements including lifting up to 20-50 lbs., bending, crouching, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time**
ZCL | Xerxes, a division of Shawcor Ltd. Composite Production Systems (Shawcor), provides an exciting environment to grow your career in an industry-leading organization. Shawcor is a manufacturer and supplier of spoolable composite pipe, poly pipe, and composite storage tanks for the fuel, water/wastewater, and oil & gas markets. Succeeding in our current markets and pursuing our growth vision is made possible by our people. In addition to intelligence, dedication and professionalism, we look for individuals who embody our values. Our cultural values also include integrity, execution and technology, with a foundation of accountability, respect and doing the right thing.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shawcor is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: October 7, 2020
Rate: $16 USD per hour