IKO Production Operator in Hagerstown, Maryland
IKO Industries Ltd. is a market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. IKO is a Canadian owned and operated business with production facilities worldwide and has many years of unparalleled success in the roofing materials industry. Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values that underlie this success, and we have built this company by hiring people who hold these values. People like you!
· Complete health and safety pre-start checklists
· Ensure product being produced meets established quality specifications
· Document quality checks at regular intervals
· Operate manufacturing equipment in accordance with established operating procedures
· Operate counterbalance, forklifts
· Document production numbers, down time reports, and other required information in a timely manner either on paper or electronically
· Work in a team setting with other employees, tradesmen and management
· Understand and comply with all safety policies, procedures and regulations with respect to Health and Safety
· Organize and practice good housekeeping of work area, tools, and parts
· Respond to emergency situations as necessary
· All other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
· Experience in heavy-industrial manufacturing, construction, or similar industry preferred
· Minimum of one (1) year counter-balance forklift experience
· Fluent in verbal and written English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel (manual dexterity); and reach with hands and arms. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. Employee must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces. The employee must frequently lift and move items over fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
· This is a full-time position
· Subject to 24 hour on call duties
· Ability to work shift, weekend and overtime work required
· Open availability (12 am to 12 pm, seven days per week)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Benefits of Employment: IKO recognizes that its success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of IKO is to promote individual employee's sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with IKO. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, and undertakes great efforts to nurture loyalty to, and teamwork at, IKO. We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. IKO Industries Ltd. encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
IKO is a leading manufacturer of residential and commercial roofing systems operating in Canada, the United States and multiple global markets. Our 60+ years of success has been enabled by the dedication of our employees. We would welcome the opportunity to consider you for one of our great opportunities!