Anthem, Inc. Product Management Director Sr in Hanover, Maryland
SHIFT: Day Job
Your innovation. Our impact. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Are you a seasoned product development leader with experience launching successful clinical programs and products with an emphasis on home care and digital, virtual, behavioral, and whole- person health integration? Have you owned a product strategy and managed a disciplined roadmap for developing ideas and taking them to market? Are you effective in presenting to sophisticated health plan and employer clients?
We are investing in innovation and looking for product leaders with an entrepreneurial streak, who challenge the status quo and create high-value products informed by an out-side-in client and consumer perspective.
As a Senior Product Director, you will work with multidisciplinary stakeholders and clinical leaders across Anthem’s Diversified Business Group and Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial lines of business to oversee the end-to-end creation of new products from concept to launch. You will use data and marketplace research to prioritize and create business cases for leading the development and implementation of complex product strategies for both internal and external customers.
Your key attributes:
• Strong ability to employ a hypothesis-driven approach to tackle complex problems
• Track record of driving high-impact results
• Strategic mindset and a demonstrated ability to see and act within the bigger picture
• Ability to effectively communicate with leadership teams and present options and their inherent tradeoffs so decisions can be made quickly and effectively
• Skillful at building consensus and making thoughtful, data-driven recommendations for project / program prioritization, solution design, issue management, risk identification and mitigation
• Excellent business judgment and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done
• Masterful at cross-functional communication to ensure all clinical and non-clinical stakeholders have everything needed to collaborate effectively
• Proven “radar” for identifying when a struggling project needs additional guidance or knowledge from other experts within Anthem
• Strong experience delivering solutions that delight customers and stakeholders, and deliver on the intended value proposition, and manage customer expectations when a solution will not deliver the results envisioned
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
• Develops, implements and maintains competitive product platform.
• Champions the vision and guides the product strategy and roadmap. Supports the development of short and long term strategic product roadmaps in support of market, sales and profitability objectives.
• Prioritizes products based on customer/market feedback, using a data-driven approach and securing stakeholder alignment along the way.
• Identifies technology and operational needs to support short and long term product strategy, coordinating with shared services partners as required
• Develops business requirements and ROI. Adept at presenting and defending assumptions in front of executive teams.
• Lead/manage product development teams in the ideation of complex regional and companywide initiatives.
• Knows when to adjust portfolio as market, customers, regulatory or network environment changes.
Requires a BA/BS degree; 7-10 years of product management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Demonstrated results in three or more of the following areas required: Product Development, Market Strategy, Market Research or Risk Management. MBA preferred.
Direct product management experience with complex, high-cost conditions is highly preferred (e.g., home care of individuals with polychronic conditions, post-discharge management, musculoskeletal, oncology, cardiology, behavioral, substance abuse and similar conditions.)
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2019 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran