Oceaneering Senior Designer in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
The Senior Designer applies creative design skill, knowledge of manufacturing techniques, and Computer Aided Design Drafting practices to the generation of layout, assembly, and detail drawings for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic equipment of simple to moderate complexity for a variety of ADTECH projects. The Senior Designer may also prepare sketches and other graphic information for use within technical documents, proposals, and sales-related documents. May supervise the work of other less experienced designers and drafters on a specific project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- With minimal instructions, prepare SolidWorks parts and assemblies complete layout and detail drawings, including application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, for moderately complex equipment or mechanisms.
- Create and update 2D electrical schematics and layouts using AutoCAD.
- Support engineering activity with solid modeling to prepare models for export to engineering analysis/simulation software including merging and meshing of parts and application of load vectors under the direction of senior or higher level engineering staff. May interface with clients.
- Perform independent, original designs and interact with engineering and manufacturing personnel to ensure manufacturability and proper assembly.
- Check technical accuracy and completeness of drawings.
- Prepare illustrations for technical documentation, proposals, and sales-related documents.
- Associates Degree in related engineering field, or equivalent work experience. Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Formal training in use of SolidWorks solid modeling software.
- Minimum ten years of experience in CAD Design working with Mil Standards and ANSI 14.5 geometric tolerancing.
- Proficiency using software such as AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Able to be a self-starter and work independently to develop original designs or modifications.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of CAD equipment.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with vendors and customers.
- Be a team player. Able to interact with managers and engineers to solve difficult problems and challenges.
- Willing to “go the extra mile” in order to meet company goals.
- Able to work overtime hours as needed.
- Strong knowledge of an EPDM System, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- SolidWorks Advanced Parts and Advanced Assemblies certificate.
- Experience in all phases of production, machine shop, and manufacturing. Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication, such as machining centers (CNC), sheet metal, and welding fabrication.
- Experience instructural design.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14537
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time