Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Engineer in Hanover, Maryland
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Cyber & Intelligence, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Provide technical support and technical leadership for a suite of customer systems that are deployed globally. Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
Fourteen (14) years system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
The System Engineer shall be able to perform the indicated Level 0 & 1 tasks plus the following indicated tasks:
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conduction systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs
- Reviews and/or approves system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordination system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
- Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and stores interface data in a commonly accessible repository
- Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, considers impacts prior to commitment to change, gains stakeholder buy-in, eliminates ambiguity, ensures traceability to source requirements, and tracks and settles open actions
- Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
- Supports the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
Three (3) Years Desired skillset/domain experience in the following:
- Utility Computing; Network Management; Virtualization; Cloud Computing; Ozone Widget Framework (OWF)
- Circuit-switched networks, IP networks, encryption equipment, multiplexers, cross-connect systems, network protocols, routers & switches
- Smart data tagging; virtual computing; thin clients applications
- Understanding of RF: HF, VHF, UHF, VLF, SHF SIGINT systems
- Modern wireless communication signals; Airborne; Airborne (CROFA)
- Geolocation, Ground-Based, Algorithm design & prototyping; FORNSAT; Terrestrial Radio Frequency (TRF)
- Joint program collection platforms and dataflow architectures; signals characterization analysis; ClanSig collection platforms and architectures
- Tower-climbing training and certification in accordance with OSHA 29 CFR 1926.502 & 503
- TDI, Agilent Blackbird, GIS and GIS based RF propagation Tools, GeoSM tools, Spectrum XXI, ACES/JACS, SPEED, Coalition Joint Spectrum Management Planning Tool (CJSMPT), NTIA/FCC/Pub 7 Manuals/Pub 8, Host Nation Spectrum Worldwide Database
- Radio Direction Finding, Angle of Arrival Estimation, and Time & Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) precision geo-location.
- Scripting language; Linux/RedHat
- High level of tactical military experience and knowledge
- Ability to score a minimum of 80% in each event on a standard Army or Marine Corps physical fitness test
- Class 3 physical and aerospace physiology and training requirements
- Contract-level technical oversight
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.