EDSI Human Services Intern in Largo, Maryland
Do you have a passion for making a difference in someone’s life? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your background and empathetic nature to work for a progressive, forward-thinking and family-owned company where creativity is encouraged?
We are seeking a dynamic, team-oriented and caring intern to join our spirited team. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to play an active role in workforce development at one of EDSI’s program offices. You will be paired with a mentor in your assigned office and work on projects and learning goals that are meaningful to you.
- Conduct project work in support of a variety of projects. These may include, but are not limited to: workforce development, training, data management and tracking, follow up with clients, managing customer flow and general administrative support
- Assist with workforce analysis, training efforts and tracking projects
- Learn and utilize EDSI’s processes and procedures
- Provide customer support for program office and EDSI initiatives
- Provide research and support for the office
- Provide regular status reports and other requested data
- Support the team as requested
Length of Internship
- The length of the internship is 16-20 hours per week for 10-12 weeks beginning in January
Bring your expertise to EDSI where you will be able to live our values every day: show up, smile and support!
- Ability to be highly organized, detail-oriented, follow deadlines, juggle multiple tasks, take initiative and manage personal workload
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Passion for helping others
- Four-year undergraduate degree in process or recent college graduateh
Keyword: Human Services Intern