Tower Federal Credit Union Branch Specialist Floater I/II/III in Laurel, Maryland
HOURS FOR POSITION: Monday - Friday varies by branch to include the hours of 7:00am-6:30pm; Saturday 8:30am-3:30pm (Rotational).
The Branch Specialist Travels to all branch locations and the call center and to assist members in all areas of the branch. The position requires flexibility in scheduling since hours vary and can change frequently. This position receives a 10% differential in addition to base hourly pay.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This summary reflects the Specialist I (Grade 6) Specialist II (Grade 7) and Specialist III (Grade 8) Supplemental information will be used to determine appropriate grade designation.
The Branch Specialist is an important role that that requires a dependable and flexible incumbent that is capable of travelling to all Tower community and sponsor branches and Member Service Center with ability to perform the tasks of each position relevant to and necessary to meet business needs. Cross-selling a full range of financial products and services and maintain individual sales and referral standards is integral to meeting company goals. Performs administrative duties, system data entry and information retrieval, ensures compliance with Federal and State regulatory statutes, as well as internal policies and procedures.
The Specialist must be aware and follow security procedures for all locations. Acts as primary contact for all potential, new, and existing members and executes all types of share and loan services, accepts various applications, determines membership eligibility, and makes sound recommendations for lending. A broad scope of knowledge about products, services, regulations and the overall functions and procedures of branches and other operational departments is required.
The Specialist provides on the job coaching where applicable to support branch needs. Delivers training evaluation and guidance for both new and existing Teller and MSR employees. Under the direction of Manager, Branch Operations provides ongoing coaching support to Specialist team to meet and maintain departmental sales goals. Provides ongoing support to Manager, Branch Operations and Manager, Business Systems with direct input for testing of system upgrades, releases and operational process improvements. Assists with development of procedures for same. As directed by the Manager Branch Operations, provides support to other TFCU departments, on an as needed basis, to support special initiatives, projects or departmental vacancies.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
(Specialist I: Effective performance in the following is required: Teller, Branch Representative, Branch MSR, Notary Public for the State of Maryland)
(Specialist II: all functions of Specialist I position in addition: acts as Senior MSR/ Senior Teller, On the Job Coach for new and existing Tellers, Peer Coach for Branch Specialist I)
(Specialist III: all functions of a Specialist I and II in addition: acts as Teller Supervisor, Assistant or Manager, On the Job Coach for new and existing MSRs, Peer Coach for Branch Specialist II, Supports Business Systems upgrades and development through testing and implementation support)
Serves as a primary contact for all potential, new and existing Members and services all share and loan requests. Performs teller duties and maintains teller standards (All)
Interviews, evaluates and underwrites loan applications for all types of consumer and home equity loans. (All)
Cross-sells a full range of financial products and services to Members. Meets and maintains sales goals as determined by V.P. Branch Administration. Initiates telephone and/or direct mail contact to new and existing Members to enhance the relationship, ensure satisfaction, and cross-sell additional products. (All)
Ensures proper identification and eligibility requirements of members by following Credit Union policies and procedures for member Identification and follows established security measures to guarantee the confidentiality of our membership.(All)
Performs administrative and teller duties to support an outstanding level of member service, where timeliness, accuracy and follow-through are critical ensuring compliance with all Tower policies and procedures and Federal and State regulatory statues. Demonstrates proficiency with all required systems and ensures all entries are complete and accurate.(All)
Provides on the job coaching, evaluation and documentation of the achievements of new and existing Tellers and MSR’s. Communicates job readiness of employee to branch supervisors, Manager, Branch Operations, and Training/OD) Supports both new and existing employees on the job, to enhance skill level, ensure optimum performance and/or diagnose performance issues. – (II ,III)
Responsible for timely follow up with new and existing Teller or MSR employees to help ensure successful transfer of skills and knowledge from training to the job. This will require collaboration with the supervisors and seniors evaluating and coaching employees on the job, where applicable, to assess and identify the need for additional training or other learning to meet requirements. – (Branch Specialist II, III)
Provides direct support to Manager, Branch Operations to test system enhancements and provides reporting on findings to ensure effective resolution. ( III)
Under the direction of Manager, Branch Operations assists with updates to trainings materials related to system enhancements and resources and provides coaching regarding procedural changes to front line staff. ( III)
Responds promptly to member inquiries and requests and performs file maintenance for information regarding a full range of products/services to include: savings, checking, certificates, IRAs, loans, etc.(All)
Interviews, evaluates and recommends to Members TFCU products, services and loans to adequately meet the needs and financial goals. Advises Member of relevant account features and/or restrictions and discloses all pertinent account information required by law.(All)
Researches and resolves account problems and discrepancies to include error resolutions, and fraud/ACH affidavits. Makes necessary corrections and resolutions, as appropriate.(All)
In Branches where Safe Deposit service is available, responsible for the opening, closing and file maintenance of all Safe Deposit boxes for the membership in compliance with Credit Union policy and security procedures. Provides Members access to their safe deposit boxes in compliance with Credit Union policy/procedures.(All)
Determines the credit worthiness of applicants, evaluates the sufficiency of collateral, verifies that the required documents have been received and completes and prepares disclosures, Truth and Lending statements, financing statements, addendums, liens and any other loan documents needed for disbursement.(All)
Possesses knowledge and ability to perform and/or assist with balancing and audits of ATM at all branch locations. Adheres to standards and guidelines for controls in place for same. (All)
Possess good verbal and written skills to include the ability to compose, prepare and send correspondence to the membership.( All)
Responsible for the security of negotiable instruments to protect TFCU assets(All)
Will be required to balance the branch, ATMs and ensure all negotiable instruments are secured in the vault.
Acts as interim Senior Teller or MSR in absence of same. Will be required to assist other teller or MSR staff with procedural questions and make sound judgements while conducting member transactions. Can assist with balancing of ATM’s and ensure all negotiable instruments are secured in the vault.( Specialist II)
Performs in a Branch leadership role (Manager, Assistant Manager, Teller Supervisor) whenever necessary in order to ensure daily operations are properly executed and member services are uninterrupted; leads and directs Branch team members to meet this objective when designated.
Demonstrates ability to act as a peer mentor and resource for:
Branch Specialist I, to include, but not limited to on-going coaching for sales success. Tracks, maintains and reports sales performance to Manager.( Specialist II)
Branch Specialist II, to include on-going coaching for sales success. Tracks, maintains and reports sales performance to Manager.( Specialist III)
Under the direction of Manager, Branch Operations provides direct support to business systems initiatives including software upgrades, procedural changes and implementation of products through testing and training facilitation and assists with development of procedures and processes in support of same. (Specialist III)
Performs related duties when assigned.________________________REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or an equivalency certificate.
• One year of experience providing direct customer/member service preferably in a business office setting.
• Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to positively represent the Credit Union during member interaction. Ability to effectively operate PC (using a Windows Operating system) and other office equipment.
• Refer to Career Path Competencies for additional required qualifications to Branch Specialist I, Branch Specialist II, and Branch Specialist III.
• Ability to operate PC in a Microsoft Windows environment• Ability to operate Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with proficiency.• Ability to use computer-based training and e-learning programs/resources using developmental software, relevant Internet and Intranet applications.• Ability to enter data, sort and extract, understand the application of and interpret for other information derived from data base systems.• Ability to map PC workstations when floating between multiple and varied locations• Ability to operate branch site with no other Senior or Supervisor Ability to make sound judgments while conducting member transactions.• Ability to lead branch team and direct staff members in daily branch operations, train, coach and motivate team.• Ability to handle physical security of branch and adhere to all controls in place (Specialist III) • Ability to serve as branch resource for more complex computer and system related issues.• (Specialist II) Ability to identify and utilize computer-based training and e-learning programs/resources using development software, relevant Internet and Intranet applications.• (Specialist II III)Strong facilitation skills • (Specialist II,III) Demonstrates sound knowledge, understanding and application of training and organizational development concepts and theories, adult learning principles, team building and needs analysis.• (Specialist II,III) Demonstrates capability to access and utilize technology resources in support of employee learning and development presentations and within training plan design.• Ability to prioritize, organize and handle multiple tasks.(All)• Ability to read and comprehend procedure manuals simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.• (Specialist II, III)Ability to provide explanation or instruction in a one-on-one or training situation.• (Specialist II,III)Must possess excellent public speaking and presentation skills to support Training facilitation on the job• (Specialist III) Ability to present information and respond to questions from various organizational levels to influence opinions or build a basis for decision making.• Ability to follow detailed written and oral instructions.• (Specialist III) Ability to develop solutions for problems with abstract variables in ambiguous or novel situations without regular management oversight.• (Specialist II and III)Ability to define problems collects data, establish fact and draw valid conclusions with support of multiple projects or initiatives on a daily basis.• Ability to prioritize diverse job assignments and meet established deadlines.• Ability to handle multiple job assignments and establish priorities.• Ability to maintain accurate records and files including schedules.• Ability to work under stress.• Ability to arrive at work routinely and promptly and maintain productivity.• (Specialist II, III)Ability to work with minimal supervision.• (Specialist III) Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and projects.• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.• Ability to work effectively with colleagues and supervisors.• (Specialist II ,III) Ability to provide constructive feedback to others.• (Specialist II,III) Ability to understand and apply adult learning principles. • (Specialist III) Ability to facilitate training and focus group discussions.• (Specialist III) Ability to facilitate group discussion and gain consensus.• (Specialist III) Ability to work with Branch Management to help develop possible training needs for staff.________________________WORKING CONDITIONS:Must be able to travel and work variable hours and schedules (i.e., peak-time hours, weekends, etc.) Must maintain Notary Public Commission for the State of Maryland, Agency Red Corridor clearance is required.