Applied Physics Laboratory *Electrical Engineering & Computer Engineering Opportunities for New Grads 2020-2021 in Laurel, Maryland
Are you searching for engaging work in a technical community that prioritizes innovation and personal development?
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a mission-driven, intellectual environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
New college graduates are important members of the APL community. We are seeking the next generation of big thinkers to help us tackle the complex research, engineering, and analytical problems that present critical challenges to our nation. We value your unusual perspectives, creative thinking and disruptive ideas as essential to discovering defining innovations.
At APL, you will work in dynamic teams charged with developing and delivering solutions that support national priorities. As an incoming new graduate with a real passion for electrical or computer engineering including you may find yourself...
- developing novel embedded software applications used for data acquisition and control in advanced RF and communication technologies.
- designing circuit board electronics and field programmable gate arrays for space flight instrumentation hardware and ground support equipment.
- crafting and implementing digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for software defined radio (SDR) systems in non- traditional navigation applications
- designing, developing and implementing applications related to communication systems, distributed computing, sensor network simulations, and vulnerability assessments.
- prototyping software/hardware wireless systems and perform system integration and testing for complex communication and networking technologies.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
You may be right for APL if you…
- Have a BS, MS, or PhD in electrical engineering, computer engineering, ECE, or related field.
- Have maintained a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA. Note: When prompted to upload attachments, please include a copy of your college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a higher level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Primary Location: Maryland-Laurel
Req ID: 24325