STRATUS Solutions Software Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph in Laurel, Maryland
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
• Use Python to automate the collection and processing of data from the web. • Object-oriented Python programming and numpy, pandas, scikit-learn. • Utilize data science and machine learning libraries in Python for data cleaning and model generation. • Create daemon code in C to host and execute scripts to perform various tasks. • Use C programming to encapsulate business logic in N-Tier components. • Sql: Create stored procedures that perform various business logic functions. • Linux: Assist with administration and updating core project systems.
You will excel in the role if you:
• Thrive in dynamic work environment and are able to work independently when given clear requirements. • Are able to adjust to handling multiple priorities in stride and adjust priorities on the fly. • Are willing to participate in brainstorming and project capability design as required. • Can provide much needed development and system administration support to a dynamic team.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the must have qualifications):
• At least 6 combined years of software development and Linux system administration. • BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline. 4 additional years of experience can substitute for a BS degree. • Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
• Experience with Postgres PSQL. • Experience working with Docker.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
• Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. • 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. • Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance. • Flexible Spending Account options. • Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation. • Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. • Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard". • Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues. • Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career. • A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions. • A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.