Lockheed Martin Data Engineer, Pax River in NAS Pax River, Maryland
Description: Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) is conducting flight testing on the Sikorsky CH-53K King Stallion at the customer's facility on Patuxent (Pax) River Naval Air Station. We are looking for talented and qualified applicants to join the flight test team on this continuing exciting adventure.
The flight test data engineer is responsible for all aspects of real time and post-flight processing of aircraft data, including on-board processing computer, cockpit display, and data servers.
Work hours are set by flight test schedule and can be somewhat variable from day to day.
Overtime work is often required.
Travel may be required to support offsite testing activities.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree.
• Basic understanding of data gathering processes.
• Must be proficient in the use of large data servers and computer peripherals for the purposes of data downloading, processing, managing, backup and recovery.
• Knowledge of instrumentation devices to develop, test, and troubleshoot data processing algorithms for aircraft data.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and troubleshooting skills;
• Demonstrate ability to work independently.
• Experience in computer programming and windows servers.
• Must be able to work effectively across several different disciplines in a collaborative environment
• Must be able to communicate effectively (both orally and written)
• Must be well-organized and able to handle multiple assignments
Work is being performed at the customer's facility in Patuxent River, MD. While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
• Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
• Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
• Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
• Experience in installation, testing, operating, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems
• Experience in monitoring and maintaining computer system or network hardware or software applications
• Experience in data processing
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.