Lockheed Martin Hangar/Flight Line Inspector, Pax River, 2nd shift in NAS Pax River, Maryland
• Perform pre-flight, post-flight, Hangar completion, acceptance and delivery inspections on Military and Commercial aircraft for conformance to Engineering specifications and customers requirements.
• Follow inspection procedures, complex drawings, and specifications; check lists and other written or oral instructions to perform difficult and sometimes complex Hangar/Flight line inspection duties.
• Conduct inspections as required before and after aircraft operations to identify any discrepancy or malfunction.
• Verify functional performance of aircraft systems, conformance to specifications and operational safety of entire aircraft to include engines and accessories, control system, dynamic components, blades, hydraulic and electrical systems, electronic, fuel, oil and other related systems and aircraft structure.
• Document all non-conformances/malfunctions or deviations from acceptable standards per Inspection requirements.
• Re-inspect after corrective action maintenance, replacement or adjustments have been made on the aircraft.
• Inspect for compliance and incorporation of customer modifications and provide the necessary Hangar inspection documentation for aircraft log book preparation and maintenance.
• Carry out similar inspection duties at both Domestic and International locations as assigned.
• Perform other related duties, usually of a related or similar nature or lesser skill of the group; refer only questionable conditions or recurring difficulties to working leader or supervision.
• Maintain certifications for Torque, Flight Safety Parts, Portable Penetrant and NDI Testing.
• Interface with both internal and external customer to resolve problems or customer concerns.
• Follow established Hangar FOD and Tool Control Procedures.
• Attend lost tool meetings on assigned aircraft when request by Supervision.
• Interface with manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering/Engineering to resolve discrepancies and any issues affecting assigned aircraft.
• Utilize Interactive Electronic Technical manuals.
• Utilize electronic NMRR system for part rejections.
• Turn aircraft in for Government inspection.
• Work with foreign customer personnel when transferring Sikorsky Inspection information and requirements into foreign customer inspection system.
• As required segregate waste material and follow good housekeeping practices to maintain cleanliness of assigned areas.
• Requires a well-rounded knowledge of aircraft inspection procedures, manufacturing processes, assembly and Hangar/Flight line operations.
• NAS 410 or ASNT NDT Level II Penetrant
• Able to read and interpret complicated drawings, follow engineering orders, and instructions, interpret military and commercial specifications
• Requires two years high school, plus two to three years' trades training with an A&P license or equivalent.
• Must maintain current certification(s) as required.
• 4 to 5 years
Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Patuxent River, MD. While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
• Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
• Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
• Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
This position is dependent upon the anticipated duration of the CH-53K helicopter flight test program through final operational capability, currently planned no earlier than August 2023*. At the conclusion of the CH-53K flight test program, the employee may be offered the opportunity to relocate to the RMS Sikorsky West Palm Beach facility to support future flight test programs, pending business conditions.
*Based on test plan schedule.
This position is a 2nd shift position but successful candidate must be willing to work any shift.
NAS 410 or ASNT NDT Level II Penetrant
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.