T. Rowe Price Head of Marketing Enablement and Change in Owings Mills, Maryland
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
Head of Marketing Enablement and Change
The Head of Marketing Enablement and Change (MEC) supports the implementation of the strategy for successful operation of T. Rowe Price’s Distribution & Marketing Enablement organization. This leader is accountable for developing and driving the marketing enablement strategy and execution component of our overall DME strategy, as well as working to build and deliver change strategies that support our business partners in adoption and realization of business value from adopting these capabilities.
The Distribution and Marketing Enablement (DME) organization operates as a global center of excellence leveraging deep expertise in data-driven marketing, distribution enablement and marketing/sales platform development – working as a strategic partner with six business units (spanning T. Rowe’s retail investment, retirement plan solutions, and intermediary and institution investment distribution.) Our mission is to enable the effective and efficient engagement of clients and prospects through the development of insights-driven sales and marketing capabilities (inclusive of skillsets, processes and technologies) to support business growth and retention.
This role reports to the Head of Distribution and Marketing Enablement and will work closely with peers in DME and partners across the firm to ensure business needs are understood, outcomes defined, and solutions implemented to meet needs of segments, while increasing scale and ROI from our enablement capabilities.
The ideal leader for this role will have deep experience leveraging marketing and sales enablement technology across multiple online, offline and in-person channels (cross-channel and/or omni-channel) to realize business value, and will exhibit exemplary communication, presentation & planning skills to build strong understanding with our business units on how to leverage these technologies and data to drive business growth.
This individual will build and leverage strategic relationships and extensive knowledge of clients, the company, products, competitors, and regulatory environment to enable the organization with solutions that deliver business results - with a segment and enterprise view, leading marketing enablement activities across business units and ensuring alignment with overall business strategy.
· Evolve DME strategic planning and engagement process to increase partnership with BUs and ensure DME roadmap and services and aligned to T. Rowe brand and business unit objectives
· Support the implementation of Distribution & Marketing Enablement’s strategy, facilitating engagement with stakeholders, ensuring strategic alignment, clear understanding of programs / project goals and focus on delivering meaningful outcomes
· Identify and develop business cases, setting goals with the Business Units for value to be realized, identifying strategic capability growth opportunities and operational improvements critical to TRP distribution success
· Establish new ways of working with our business partners, establishing playbooks, use cases, best practices and overall marketing toolset to facilitate adoption of marketing enablement capabilities
· Establish a review process with partners to measure success and identify necessary changes
· Leverage technology/data experience to work across DME product and services teams to support the development of solutions and capabilities to solve business problems (e.g. lead generation, multi-channel personalized campaigns, retention programs spanning marketing, digital and sales touchpoints) that result in high business unit adoption and ability to measure business value realized from our DME capabilities
· Lead the design, development, delivery and management of a comprehensive Change Management and Training program leveraging internal and external resources to ensure success of DME strategy and attainment of business outcomes - identifying, assessing, and proactively managing response to change across stakeholders and end users
· Demonstrate a high degree of commercial judgment, conducting needs analysis, assess change readiness, and develop communication plans to inform the organization
· Balance and manage tensions between top down transformation efforts and participatory approaches to change
· Integrate change management activities into new and existing project plans
· Identify and leverage trends and opportunities to inform and position business narratives and create multi-layered communications plans to amplify these narratives, successfully bridging technology and business understanding to ensure full alignment and foster partnerships
· Effectively communicate to individuals at all levels, clearly articulating strategy, plans, issues and actions
· Lead small team of change, training, communications and marketing enablement specialists, starting as player coach and building team over time
· 10+ years of work experience in strategy, business operations, change management or similar roles in the marketing technology sector, management consulting, financial services or similar fields
· Demonstrable experience leading the successful conception, development and execution of communications and change management strategies
· Track record of driving business growth in B2B and B2C businesses leveraging marketing technology and data – experience with the Adobe ecosystem and SalesForce CRM preferred
· Deep understanding of strategies for demand generation, lead management capabilities and processes required for strong marketing and sales alignment in go-to-market planning
· High-degree of data literacy (ex. understanding of differences of client keys for identity across DME systems) and practical experience in insights-driven marketing enablement concepts to champion the role of 1st, 2nd, 3rd Party data in client journeys and segmentation models to create actionable, personalized client experiences across multiple channels
· Highly collaborative, credible and influential leader with strong executive presence
· Ability to speak the language of sales, marketing and technology
· Forward-focused thinker with upbeat attitude and proven ability to address complex communications and change management challenges, illustrating value of tech investment and of keeping ahead of industry trends
· Proven ability to partner and deliver strategic business value in a complex matrixed organizational environment
· Experience working effectively to drive influence at all levels in an organization
· Experienced team player with the ability to work collaboratively with and through others
· Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
· Entrepreneurial and biased to action
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.T. Rowe Price is an asset management firm focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on–now, and over the long term.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community!