CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Senior Sourcing Associate (DC/NOVA or MD Locations Available) in Owings Mills, Maryland
Resp & Qualifications
We have multiple positions available and are actively seeking candidates for work at both DC/NOVA and Owings Mills, MD Locations.
Under the direction of the Director Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, this position will leverage market research and sourcing expertise to drive sourcing strategy, lead and conduct request for proposal preparation, contract drafting and negotiation for goods and services (primarily IT or Non-IT/professional services) to ensure stakeholder requirements are satisfied. This position collaborates with business stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies and leads the end-to-end sourcing process of medium to high complexity sourcing initiatives: from requirements development to RFx development, supplier selection, supplier negotiations, and contract drafting, all in accordance with Corporate Purchasing Policies.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
Leads Stakeholder Engagement and Sourcing Initiatives :
• Develop and leverage knowledge of commodity categories to collaborate with business stakeholders and develop sourcing strategies.
• Responsible for working with business stakeholders and procurement management to frame and develop project objectives, requirements, and sourcing strategy prior to supplier engagement.
• Drafts and leads the applicable sourcing process through scoring and completion (e.g. RFx, sole source, etc.).
• Acts as primary contact with potential suppliers during the RFx, selection, and negotiation process.
• Leads supplier negotiations throughout RFx and contracting process to achieve optimal savings, value, and risk profile.
Negotiate and Draft Contracts :
• Implements the sourcing strategy, negotiation and redlining process with the supplier to draft contracts that accurately capture business, technical, and legal requirements (including contractual and purchase order documentation).
• Acts as liaison with business owner and supplier during negotiations.
• Works closely with legal and risk groups to ensure consistent communication and socialization of significant legal and risk issues throughout the negotiation process.
• Interacts routinely with legal and business owner to resolve issues.
• Responsible for the preparation and submission of documentation for consent from the Federal Government (as applicable).
• Ensures and adheres to corporate purchasing policy directives and Federal Government regulations (as applicable).
• Ensures compliance with contractual requirements for Federal Employee Program and other state and local contracts specifically related to MBE/WBE requirements and reporting.
• Consolidates requirements and coordinates with management to determine the most suitable method of purchase such as spot purchase orders, contracts, blanket orders and supplier stocking arrangements.
Supplier Management :
• Ensures procurement process is followed and all documentation is complete and accessible in the source to pay system.
• Analyzes and compares service and/or product offerings and specifications, investigates future renewal requirements and options, and resolves contract and invoice discrepancies.
• Manages existing contracts to anticipate and prepare for ongoing renewals.
• Provides other services related to the sourcing, contracting, and supplier management function as required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required; and four (4) to six (6) years’ experience in a relevant functional assignment (e.g. a professional services, technology, or other applicable procurement focus area).
Extensive experience in managing the end-to-end sourcing process from requirements gathering through RFx and contracting.
Must have extensive experience with key contracting for professional services (e.g. consulting, health/wellness, technology, marketing firms, etc.) OR technology purchases (hardware/software/related services)
Effective presentation and influencing skills to interface with multiple levels of management.
Experienced in analyzing pricing and determining price reasonableness.
Effective pricing and contractual negotiations with suppliers.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent project & time management skills including but not limited to risk assessment, workplan development and management.
• Developed analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
• Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management and suppliers.
• Able to apply complex problem-solving abilities to achieve problem ad process solutions.
• Ability to spot, communicate and mitigate issues.
• Flexibility and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
• Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer.
• Ability to track industry/category/technology trends.
• Knowledge of the FAR.
• Knowledge of Ariba, Oracle Cloud Procurement or similar procurement automation tools
Department: MD Medicaid - Government Programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6/3/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship