Apogee Engineering ISR CC - CV-22 Financial Management Analyst, Journeyman in Patuxent River, Maryland
Patuxent River, MD, USA
Apogee Engineering is seeking CV-22 Financial Management Analyst, Journeyman to work with the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Special Operations Forces (ISR & SOF) Directorate* located at Naval Air Station (NAS) Patuxent River.*
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with a broad range of financial management duties and responsibilities including preparing funding documents and executing funding on behalf of the program in CCAR & Navy-Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP)
- Complete tri-annual reviews and maintaining open document listings in FMSUITE, retrieve daily operating budget ledger reports in Command Resource Information System (CRIS), research accounting transactions as needed, and utilize DoD financial management systems
- Be responsible for monitoring unexpected balances, independently researching balances, interacting with both government field activities and contractors, determining the appropriate dollar amount for recoupment and taking proactive action to deobligate dollars.
- Provide reconciliation support by monitoring financial execution information in various systems (CCARs, N-ERP, CRIS, FMSUITE, and DFAS CHOOSE) and taking action to reconcile any deltas and ensure that all systems have matching data.
- Analyze funding execution status in light of service and OSD obligation and expenditure benchmarks, as well as, the program’s initial plan.
- Inform the program appropriation manager and finance lead of any deltas, and recommend possible solutions to better align program financial metrics with established Service and OSD benchmarks.
- Utilize prior year financial data to identify trends in program execution.
- Provide administrative financial support as needed, to include building financial binders, filing and other similar duties related to financial management administration.
What you'll need:
- Possess one of the following education and experience combinations:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10 years of experience, including 3 supporting the DoD
- 15 years of experience, including 5 supporting the DoD
- Possess a current Secret security clearance
- Possess a working knowledge of DoD Financial Management Regulation (FMR) and associated Air Force Instructions and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Possess proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Skype), Adobe Acrobat, applications such as Internet Explorer.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: January 6, 2021