Lockheed Martin 5G Mobile Communications EPM in Rockville, Maryland
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This Engineering Program Manager will work collaboratively with the Line of Business and Engineering & Technology Directors and Program Manager’s to ensure the successful execution of Research and Development activities, programs, and related activities in the Mission Solutions Next Gen Solutions business area. This role will focus of leading the exciting wireless communication systems portfolio, which is a technological focus area and expected to grow rapidly in the coming months and years.
In this dynamic role you will:
• Lead, drive, and energize a team of multiple skills and job disciplines across a number of programs, projects and business pursuits.
• Incorporate agile methods that will require a dynamic staffing approach, depending on the time-phased needs of the program.
• Collaborate on and providing engineering leadership support to the comprehensive strategy across all contracts and opportunities
• Be responsible for your team’s career development, salary planning, training, employee development, succession planning, and the execution of strategic staffing initiatives.
• Have frequent interactions with customers, teammates, and other stakeholders in other geographical locations.
• Build Organizational Talent and Engagement, embed our workforce strategies to define the capabilities for today and tomorrow.
• Effectively leverage staffing processes and resources across the organization.
• Provide Rewards and Recognition for employees.
• Assist in the development of training plans, ensure timecards are completed on time and that they are accurate, provide mentoring and training to junior and senior level engineers, assist program manager with various program issues as needed.
This position requires a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Experience working in SATCOM and/or wireless communications
• Minimum BS degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Strong technical and leadership experience
• Experience with Agile software development processes and leading teams or departments responsible for the development of complex software-based elements or systems
• Experience leading a diverse team showcasing strong team building, relationship building, and personal acumen
• Experience developing high performing work force that is equipped to meet the current and future needs of the customer
• Full Spectrum Leadership experience including a commitment to the Full Spectrum attributes of shaping the future, building effective relationships, energizing the team, delivering results, and modeling personal excellence, integrity and accountability.
• Knowledge of SATCOM protocol standards (e.g. DVB-S/S2/S2x/RCS/RCS2, Geo Mobile Radio, MUOS WCDMA etc.)
• Demonstrated experience leading teams who are working across multiple locations or virtually
• Strong Mentoring skills as evidenced through active mentoring relationships
• Cross LM Business Unit and/or other Software Industry experience
• Experience driving standardization of standard software products and Tools across an enterprise
• Proven experience as a conceptual thinker with the ability to translate into action and results
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.