Lockheed Martin Data Engineer in Rockville, Maryland
Description: Our Data Engineers and Analysts are responsible for collecting, processing, and analyzing data to develop immersive stories that answer tough business questions. As a member of our team you will work with business stakeholders and data teammates analyzing business requirements for data analytics projects supporting multiple functional teams and help source and transform data to make the data come to life. You will utilize data analysis skills from every step of the analytics pipeline (collection, wrangling, cleaning, analysis, modeling, visualization, presentation) to create data products that drive business value.
This position is for a Data Engineer to support within Lockheed Martin Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO) supporting Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS). The work location for this position is virtual.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborating with business stakeholders to identify business opportunities and requirements to develop associated analytical models that deliver useful, actionable insights, or recommendations
• Provide recommendations on solutions and approaches to stakeholders that align with enterprise architecture and best practices
• Applies and/or develops workflows that clean, transform and aggregate unorganized data into databases or data sources
• Analyzing large datasets, drawing inference, and preparing insights for stakeholders using narratives or visual forms
• Exhibiting a degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness when analyzing data with an innate desire to see what ‘story’ the data has to tell
• Applying and/or develops processes to mine and summarize data
• Developing data models to transform raw data into business-ready structures
• US Citizenship Required
• Experience with data analytics and/or visualization tools and solving business problems using data sets, Tableau preferred but candidates with strong experience in other data visualization tools like BusinessObjects, Qlik, MicroStrategy, Power BI will be considered
• Analytical skills and understanding of system databases, data elements and application software solutions to optimize data gathering and analysis
• Demonstrated SQL experience in database modeling and data transformations
• Experience using performance tuning and query optimization techniques
• Understands the data lifecycle and can interpret and communicate data
• Ability to partner with stakeholders and peers to identify and solve a business problem
• Must have strong problem-solving skills, business acumen, and demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
• A Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems/Sciences, Quantitative Social Science, or other relevant area
• US Citizenship Required
• Experience working with cross-functional, diverse, and virtual teams
• A commitment to continuous learning and professional development
• Prior experience working in the defense and/or aerospace industries
• Experience with R, Python, Hadoop / Big Data, SAP HANA, or SAP Business Objects suite
• Knowledge or experience in Agile development processes and tools
• Ability to document technical solutions in support of standards and best practices
• Understanding of data governance, data security, and data quality
• A Master’s or PhD in Data Analytics, Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems/Sciences, Quantitative Social Science, or other relevant area
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.