Robert Half International Software Engineer in ROCKVILLE, Maryland
. The prospective candidate would have experience in developing in .NET C# language for backend office systems (CRM, Financial systems, data and analytics), web applications, good MS SQL server development skills, experience in MS SQL SSIS packages, experience developing and consuming web services, and experience working with Apache Kafka.
Responsibilities & Skills:
• Work with team lead and product owner to understand business requirements; document business requirements as needed
• Analyze and provide solutions for complex tasks and projects, providing technical design documentation as required
• Actively collaborate with cross-platform team members, QA, and product owners in an Agile scrum environment on projects in order to deliver high quality and efficient solutions
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Inform, create, and execute unit tests, integration tests, functional tests, and performance tests as needed.
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
• Provide accurate and timely estimates for project tasks
• Exhibit solid organizational skills and focus on accuracy and attention to detail
• Exhibit excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
• Be self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Propose, brainstorm, document, illustrate, and implement simple to complex architectural solutions
• Participate in Change Management processes and provide feature/architectural reviews and feedback for system changes
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
• 5+ years of professional experience in C# and .NET software development
• 3+ years of professional experience in SQL Server
• Experience using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) with data transfer
• Experience in developing/customizing back office applications
• Experience in integrating with ERP system or financial systems
• Experience in Apache Kafka, microservices, and REST
• Experience in the education or publishing industries is a plus.
• Experience with Agile / SCRUM and Jira
• Strong communication skills and onshore-offshore coordination experience is a plus
• Must be a motivated, quick learner with great analytical skills, interpersonal skills and project a confident and professional demeanor.
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.