Lockheed Martin Wireless Communications Engineer in Rockville, Maryland
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Communications Systems Engineering is looking for an experienced Wireless Communications Engineer to drive design and specification for a new state of the art mobile SATCOM communications system. In this role you will be responsible for design and specification development for a SATCOM communications system including end to end 4G / 5G communications layer 2/3 system design . This position requires strong problem solving skills focused on Wireless Communications Engineering.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package
• Wireless communications engineer or systems engineer with wireless communications expertise.
• Subject matter expertise in 4G/5G Layer 2/3 protocol stack as well higher level application layers.
• End-to-end 4G/5G communications system architecture experience.
• Satellite communications (SATCOM) experience and knowledge about SATCOM protocol standards (e.g. DVB-S/S2/S2x/RCS/RCS2, Geo Mobile Radio, MUOS WCDMA etc.)
• Experience managing subcontractor relationships
• Communications systems algorithms and techniques for 4G/5G standards, for operating over satellite
• Modeling and simulation of modifications to establish feasibility and performance
• Generating requirements for a specific SATCOM
• Working with terminal modem chip vendors and base station modem vendors
• Guiding/participating system IV&V
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.