Lockheed Martin Wireless Design/Standards Engineer - 3GPP RAN 1/RAN2 in Rockville, Maryland
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin seeks a Wireless Design/Standards Engineer - 3GPP RAN1/RAN2 with demonstrated experience in wireless system design and standardization, with a focus on the 3GPP NR radio access, both at the physical layer (RAN1) and protocol level (RAN2).
• The successful candidate will serve as the central point for monitoring and tracking 3GPP standards meetings including RAN1/RAN2/SA2, provide pertinent information that will guide the LM standards group to constructively participate and contribute to 3GPP standards activities in RAN and SA.
• This position is responsible for conducting research on Layer 1/2/3 technologies (including MAC, RLC, PDCP, etc) and network architecture for 5G and beyond standards.
• The successful candidate will conduct research on wireless Layer 1/2/3 and network architecture technologies for the standards, including theoretical analysis, innovative technical solution design and simulation.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as work in a team. The candidate will work closely with the other 4G/5G teams in Lockheed Martin.
The candidate will operate in collaboration with different business units within the company, including research projects and product groups. The candidate will work in an exciting environment with a team of some of the brightest systems engineers in the industry and will have frequent interaction with other engineering disciplines.
This position requires a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Not needed prior to starting.
• Some experience in wireless Layer 2/3 protocol design, simulation and optimization for standards; technical knowledge in wireless 5G technologies, including 5G Architecture, Relay, SON, Mobility, Mobile Edge Computing, etc.
• Good knowledge of the state-of-the-art technologies for wireless systems in industry and academia.
• Good teamwork spirit and adaptability.
• Should thrive in a dynamic, innovative and research-oriented environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills is required.
• Candidate should highlight any experience as an editor, rapporteur or chair of standards bodies.
• Ability to work independently
• BS, preferably an MS, in EE or CS, with 2+ years of wireless standards experience or wireless MAC, higher layer algorithm/protocol work, network architecture & system simulation experience in the wireless telecommunications industry.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.