Brillient Data Scientist in Silver Spring, Maryland
Brillient is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join our team supporting a federal contract in Silver Spring, MD. This position requires U.S. Citizenship or a permanent resident and the ability to obtain and maintain a Government public trust level security clearance. Candidates must have lived in the United States for at least three out of the past five years prior to your application date. You will also meet the residency qualifications if you lived abroad while on government or military duty or if you were a dependent of a federal employee of military member.
Brillient has an immediate need for a Data Scientist to our government client’s data science workstream including data aggregation and analytic projects to support both regulatory review and regulatory science. The employee should have significant expertise in data science.
Specific tasks shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Reviews and evaluate clinical study protocols and reports submitted in NDAs (New Drug Applications), supplemental NDAs, new INDs (Investigational New Drug), new protocols and protocol amendments, and Emergency INDs.
- The Data Scientist is responsible for reaching regulatory decisions and recommending approval of safe and effective human drugs.
- Evaluates development plans and study protocols to determine if they are safe and if the design is likely to generate evidence of effectiveness. During these evaluations, the incumbent provides advice to pharmaceutical sponsors and investigators on the design of clinical studies.
- For NDAs, the Data Scientist reviews and evaluates reports of clinical trials to determine if the data are adequate and well-controlled, and sufficient to support the efficacy and safety of the drug under investigation. Ultimately, the Data Scientist recommends approval or disapproval of the application, in conjunction with, and countersigned by, the Medical Team Leader.
- The Data Scientist reviews submissions in support of revisions to labeling of approved NDAs. This often includes new data from clinical trials. The Data Scientist with input from other scientific discipline reviewers, reviews these data to determine if the data are sufficient to justify changes in the labeling.
- The Data Scientist compiles data to prepare special reports related to the work of the Division and develops background data pertinent for government programs; attends meetings, conferences, symposia and workshops of scientific organizations to stay current in his/her field of expertise and to exchange ideas with other scientists.
- The Data Scientist undertakes other tasks as assigned, including, but not limited to, preparation of responses to requests for information from the Agency, congressional inquiries, or consumer groups; preparation and presentation to Advisory Committees or other scientific groups.
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Data Science, Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or a closely related quantitative discipline
- At least 3 years of work experience in data analytics/informatics.
- The Data Scientist shall have significant expertise in data science including deep knowledge in computer programming, databases, data visualization, and version control.
- Strong problem-solving skills and understanding of clinical relevance.
- Experience using computer languages (for example: Python, R, MATLAB, SAS, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large datasets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of machine learning algorithms and statistical modeling (clustering, decision tree learning, ANN, KN method etc.).
- Self-motivated to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests:
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability—or unable to use—the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-994-4232 and press #1 for Human Resources.
In order to address your request the following information is needed:
The best method for contacting you back
The position title
Upon receipt of this information we will respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request. Information related to existing profiles or applications will not be provided via this phone number.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Established in 2003, Brillient Corporation (Brillient) is a Technology and Business Solutions firm that specializes in providing mission-critical, consulting and technical services, and program/project staffing. Over 70% of Brillient’s business today is focused on financial services support to federal agencies. We base our fundamental service philosophy on understanding what matters to our clients, how it contributes to their mission success, and how we can deliver the maximum Return on Investment (ROI). On-time delivery, cost/schedule compliance, flexibility and responsiveness, quality of workmanship and client satisfaction are our imperatives - not goals.
Headquartered in Reston, VA, Brillient has over 400 employees deployed at client sites in eight (9) states across all four (4) Continental United States (CONUS) time zones (Virginia mid-Atlantic area, Missouri, California, Maryland, Texas, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Arkansas, and Washington, DC). Our capabilities include Financial and Administrative Support, Program/Project and Performance Management, Big Data Management (e.g., business intelligence and analytical support), Business Process Reengineering (BPR), Cloud Computing, Mobile Apps, Web and Applications Development, and Mission Support Services.
We have partnered with more than 16 Federal agencies over the past decade. Our clients list includes DHS (Transportation Security Administration (TSA), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and United States Coast Guard (USCG)), SBA, Department of the Treasury (TREAS), Department of Justice (DOJ), Department of Interior (DOI), Department of Commerce (DOC), Department of Education (DoED), and Department of Energy (DOE). Teaming with Brillient means having a partner with an outstanding track record of quality deliverables, motivated high caliber personnel, and responsive customer service.
Keyword: Data Scientist