SAIC IT Stakeholder Engagement Lead in SILVER SPRING, Maryland
SAIC is seeking an individual to lead our efforts to build and engage a Community of researchers to help the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration implement a new program focused on environmental prediction innovation. The position will report to the SAIC Program Manager and form part of a team of managers helping NOAA to execute a new approach to improving its Unified Forecast System (UFS) for weather modeling and prediction. The position will have a variety of responsibilities, including:
· Develop yearly outreach plans.
· Plan conferences and establish community-building meetings among SAIC employees, NOAA staff, and external community members.
· Organize and run workshops, including establishing workshop objectives, outreach materials, and Subject Matter Expert support and meeting support staff, and presenting the agenda to client for approval.
· Plans sessions at AGU and AMS with Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) costs for each meeting and establish schedule for upcoming meetings
· Conduct annual summer workshops focused on user engagement and outreach, including developing a plan covering marketing, customized electronic invites, social media outreach, digital or print ads, schedule, and dependencies for the annual EPIC summer workshops.
· Conduct code sprints and hack-a-thons to build partnerships and camaraderie with other developers.
· Help implement analytic gaming to support a realistic NOAA weather model gaming environment.
· Participate in weekly virtual meetings to facilitate communication and community engagement so that participants can contribute to event planning, backlog refinement, and more.
This position is responsible for a wide range of products and deliverables, including writing, editing, proofreading of marketing materials and the conceptualization, layout and preparation of high quality graphics, text, and templates. He or she will also help to design, prepare, and create new media projects on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents prepared by writers such as manuals, procedures and specifications. They will also help produce and/or revise technical articles, proposals, publications, books, manuals, reports, and marketing materials and determine project requirements and present drafts of finished products to the user ensuring high quality of output. The individual will interact frequently with internal and external stakeholders and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications.
The individual must have demonstrated experience with communications and community development activities related to the federal government, academic, non-profit and private industry communities. In particular, we are seeking an individual with knowledge of NOAA and/or weather modeling and prediction communities who can lead this important effort to build a community partnership focused on forwarding the U.S. weather research and prediction capabilities. The individual must have experience with arranging science and/or IT workshops, conferences, and other community organizing events.
Education and professional experience minimum requirements include a Bachelors degree and eight (8) years or more of related experience, or a Masters and five (5) years or more experience.
Target salary range: $105,001 - $115,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability