Waste Industries Helper in Street, Maryland
GFL Environmental, Inc. Street, MD Part-Time
Safely assist drivers and other employees in the collection of solid waste materials from a residential truck.
• Collect solid waste/recyclable materials from customer premises and/or from the curbside if applicable.
• Load solid waste into the rear or side of waste collection vehicle
• Sort recyclables and deposit materials into the appropriate compartments in collection truck if applicable.
• Assist driver in safe operation of the vehicle by directing the driver in backing up the vehicle and in close space maneuvering.
• Operate equipment on truck to compact trash/materials into vehicle.
• Audit waste collection vehicle for proper equipment prior to leaving branch (i.e., broom, shovel, etc.).
• Report all customer related problems to driver immediately
• Identify, tag and notify driver of prohibited waste items and remove the items from the waste cart or can.
• Follow all safety and equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired, but not required.
• One (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training desired, but not required.
• Valid state driver’s license preferred, but not required.
• Must pass drug screening and a criminal background check
Must be able to stand, walk, bend, reach and lift in an outdoor environment 90% of the time.
Must be able to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, climb and balance.
Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to manually lift/move up to 65 pounds regularly
Ability to manually push/move up to 100 pounds with assistance from another employee
Starting Pay - $18/hour
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.
General Labor, Distribution - Shipping