Stanley Acess Technologies R&D Engineer in Towson, Maryland
73580BRTitle:R&D EngineerBusiness:US - GTS - Hand Tools Storage Group (HTAS) State/Country/Province:Maryland No. of Positions:1Job Description:
Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you’ve been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you’ll get the unique chance to impact some of the world’s most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We’re the World’s largest tool company. We’re industry visionaries. We’re solving problems for thousands of Commercial & Residential Contractors, Advanced DIY’ers and Consumers with our DEWALT, Craftsman and Black and Decker power tool ranges. We are committed to delivering the best quality product to our users so that they can deliver quality results. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
Who You Are
You’re a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You’re creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You’re agile and adaptable and that ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
· Bachelor’s degree or above, major in mechanical engineering related fields.
· More than 3 years’ experience in mechanical design, experience with injection molding tools or mechanisms is preferred (i.e. academic projects/internship/co-op experience)
· Skillful in least one 3D design software (Creo (Pro/E), CATIA etc). Familiarity with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software such as Windchill a plus.
· Six sigma and design of experiment skills would be helpful.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes as related to the manufacture of plastics.
· Creative, logical, open-minded, life-long learner, who is sensitive to customer demands and technical trends.
· Functions well in a fast paced and demanding environment to develop world class products
What You’ll Do
As a R&D Engineer, you’ll be part of our Hand Tools & Storage Group (HTSG) located in Towson, MD. You will be responsible for conceptual development of new products and upgrades to existing tools products using technologies that can be reasonably implemented.
· Prepare feasibility/lean study for proposed ideas of new product development, including market information collection and analysis, product function and features proposal, technical requirements confirmation, project schedule arrangement and budget planning etc.
· Conduct new product development and improvement to existing products by working closely with global product team on product design, 3D modeling, testing and composition of technical documentation.
· Manage R&D projects, to keep the process align with planned timeline, control the project budget, to achieve all the project goals.
· Work closely with production and sourcing teams during testing, trial production and mass production phases, define the possible problem root causes and work out solution quickly, ensure launch of new products on time.
· Collaborate with internal teams to continuously improve the product functions, performance, manufacturing process and cost reduction.
· Collect feedback of market by proactively communicating with customers, sales and service team, to understand customer demands deeply and provide solution quickly.
· Collaborate with sourcing teams to support projects with global team for qualification and launch products.
· Provide technical support, consultation and training to sales teams, customers and other teams as the technical expert
· Track the newest technologies as they potentially apply to cutting tools, and related technical trends.
Benefits & Perks
You’ll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You’ll Also Get
Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you’ll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that’s how the best work gets done. You’ll find we like to have fun here, too.
Purpose-Driven Company: You’ll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number:73580BRFunction:Engineering Services City:TowsonEEO Statement:All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers:EngineeringShow Virtual Roles:Virtual