Stanley Acess Technologies Senior Electro-Mechanical Engineer in Towson, Maryland
78474BRTitle:Senior Electro-Mechanical EngineerBusiness:US - GTS - Hand Tools Storage Group (HTAS) State/Country/Province:Maryland No. of Positions:1Job Description: Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Power Tools
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You’ll Do:
As a Sr Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Power Tools, you’ll be part of our Global Tools and Storage team located in Towson MD. You’ll get to:
• Integrate the needs of end users, Product Service, and Manufacturing to provide optimum designs that exceed competitive product.
• Create working models of new product concepts using 3D design software and build physical prototypes.
• Evaluate, approve, and implement engineering change orders.
• Create 2D drawings, stack up analysis and possess a firm understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
• Create and maintain drawings and bill of materials in product lifecycle management system
• Approve FPIs and completed tests.
Who You Are:
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
• 5+ years of engineering design experience.
• Demonstrated hands-on problem-solving skills and can-do attitude.
• Experience with Catia V5 or equivalent 3D CAD software (Pro-E, etc).
• Knowledge of electronic assemblies and/or Battery Packs.
• Familiarity with designing heat sinks, plastic injection molded parts, die cast parts, stamped parts, and the associated plating process.
What You’ll Receive (do not move or delete)
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
• Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
• Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You’ll Feel:
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
• Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
• Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
• Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number:78474BRFunction:Engineering Services City:TowsonEEO Statement:All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers:EngineeringShow Virtual Roles:Virtual