Stanley Acess Technologies Test Engineer in Towson, Maryland
76013BRTitle:Test EngineerBusiness:US - GTS - Power Tools Group (PTG) State/Country/Province:Maryland No. of Positions:1Job Description: Test Engineer, D E WALT Cordless Power Tools - Towson MD
Don’t Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
This is the career you’ve been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you’ll get the unique chance to impact some of the world’s most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We’re the World’s largest tool company. We design and develop the tools that are used to change the world every day here in our engineering headquarters in Towson, Maryland. Our design teams are involved with every step of the process bringing these world class products to life. From conducting end user research to identify new needs, to designing and prototyping tools to ensure we meet our customers high expectations, to creating robust tests to guarantee the tools we make stand up to the toughest environments, our engineers own every aspect of the process along the way.
Who You Are
You love working with your hands in a lab, setting up instrumentation and fixtures to conduct meaningful tests to help find the limits of a product’s deign. Getting to set up, run, and review high speed video to capture those events that happen in fractions of a second really excites you as now you finally get to be the myth buster. You take pride in owning the details of the data you collect to ensure that you captured the issue you are after and enjoy the process of analyzing it to make sure that no stone is unturned. You want to be in an environment where there is room to learn and grow your abilities with experts there to guide you along the way. You’re agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 0 to 5 years of experience
• Computer literate; MS Word, Power Point, Excel, 2D/3D CAD, FEA
• Have the ability to work with data collection equipment including oscilloscopes, meters, sensors, and gauges
• Enjoys getting your hands dirty and being involved in building, testing and du-bugging tools throughout the development cycle
• Quality – use of statistical tools, Gage R&R, data analysis techniques
• Coordination of internal resources for testing
• Enjoy Full/fast-paced design cycles that average 2 years and a dynamic work environment
What You’ll Do
As a Test Engineer, you’ll be part of our Global Tools & Storage team located in Towson, MD. Specifically, you’ll:
• Successfully support the design process to achieve all quality, performance, schedule and cost objectives in a cross-functional environment.
• Perform hands-on product testing for development. This will include both existing tests as well as creating new ones to addresses problems as they arise. The Towson design center is largest development facility for DEWALT tools, so there is always something new to see and learn.
• Investigate test failures, and identify, recommend and implement corrective actions to components.
• Be involved with cross-functional teams (Product Marketing, Reliability, Field Research) to help identify and define customer requirements and develop the tests to duplicate end user tasks
• Support the builds of engineering, manufacturing and pilot lots to ensure that the products are assembled and tested in the correct way to ensure long term product quality
• Support the Milestone process for all engineering requirements to deliver a product that meets our history of guaranteed tough products
Benefits & Perks
You’ll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You’ll Also Get
• Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths. We need all kinds of people, so whether you want to become a technical expert, or grow your skills in multiple disciplines, you have come to the right spot.
• Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you’ll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities). We also focus on having technical experts in each area that are there to guide you along the way so you are never alone.
• Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that’s how the best work gets done. You’ll find we like to have fun here, too.
• Purpose-Driven Company: You’ll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
• Hands on environment: We love tools and using them! We have prototyping, use & handling, testing, inspection and metallurgy labs all right here in Towson.
• A company with History. We have been designing tools for a long time which means we have a lot of expertise here, but that doesn’t mean we are afraid to try new things. We have a long list of World’s firsts to our credit and we need you to keep that going!
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number:76013BRFunction:Engineering Services City:TowsonEEO Statement:All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers:Engineering