The MITRE Corporation Agile Design Engineers - UX / UI in Windsor, Maryland
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
Our Agile Systems Design & Engineering Department is seeking an entry level -programmer to help support digital engineering transformation for the Federal government What do MITRE Agile Design Engineers do? Working alongside MITRE engineers or on teams in one of our labs, MITRE Agile Design Engineers supply high-impact consultative software engineering expertise that yield affordable, effective and efficient solutions that address the greatest challenges of our sponsors. They help develop and introduce the latest computing applications—including mobile, help with software performance, and with enterprise integration and workflow solutions. What are some examples of projects that they have worked on?• Researching tools for symbolic execution that would be applicable to software assurance• Prototyping and developing system requirements using Model Base System Engineer case tools• Research and gathering information on machine learning/neural networks needed to conduct an experiment in MATLAB on generated data; conduct the experiment and report results.• The development of a cyclostationary signal processing toolbox in the Python language.• Development of a chatbot using Natural Language Processing using a commercial cloud service provider• Working with deep learning to build an object detection system to process satellite imagery• Performing a deep analysis of an operational system to understand limitations and weaknesses
• Exercise visual and design methods to facilitate exploration of current solutions and product opportunities, definition of future products and solutions, and support requirement and software development efforts• Develop conceptual diagrams, process flows, assessment tools, concept of operations, transition roadmaps, journey maps, storyboards, and facilitate agreement on scope and priorities• Contribute to product design efforts for Government sponsors to formalize a product vision and roadmaps• Clarify and support the design and execution of design methods and management practices in an Agile environment• Perform structured research of user communities, market solutions, and current sponsor product offerings to define user-centric products for major Government programs and projects
Required for consideration:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Human Centered Design, Artificial Intelligence or related major
• 2 + years applicable work experience
• Ability to possess and maintain a DoD clearance
• Advanced degree in related field of study• Candidates that possess a current/active US Government clearance are preferred• Experience in prototyping and automating models• Knowledge of emergent trends including Human Centered Design, Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive science
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please contact MITRE’s Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 1997-2020, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
At MITRE, we solve problems for a safer world. Through our federally funded R&D centers and public-private partnerships, we work across government to tackle challenges to the safety, stability, and well-being of our nation. As a not-for-profit organization, MITRE works in the public interest across federal, state and local governments, as well as industry and academia. We bring innovative ideas into existence in areas as varied as artificial intelligence, intuitive data science, quantum information science, health informatics, space security, policy and economic expertise, trustworthy autonomy, cyber threat sharing, and cyber resilience.