The MITRE Corporation Lead Health Payment Analyst in Windsor, Maryland
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
As a member of MITRE’s Center for Transforming Health, the candidate would provide strategic support to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Department of Health and Human Services and other Federal Health Agencies as needed.
MITRE is seeking experienced analysts with management skills and expertise in quality improvement, performance measures, policy development, care delivery process improvement, payment modeling, health IT, stakeholder engagement, or program implementation to support the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) through all phases of healthcare modernization and transformation. The candidate best suited for the position will thrive in a highly dynamic environment, easily performing independent work, as well as working comfortably in team settings. The position will include strategic and tactical planning, interfacing with customers, project management, and interactions with both public and private sector entities in advising Federal health agencies. This position requires significant experience interacting with senior level leaders and the ability to develop significant general subject matter expertise in health policy (discerning and identifying implications of policy or regulatory choices, projected outcomes, sector impacts, etc.), public health, health information technology, and other health-related government initiatives. The position provides an exciting opportunity to make a substantive impact in the areas of health care quality, federal policy, and alternative models of healthcare payment.
• Work collaboratively with senior government sponsors, industry stakeholders and MITRE colleagues to shape project initiatives and deliver project work
• Apply specific subject matter knowledge to achieve project objectives and to contribute to impactful outcomes.
• Assist CMS with analysis in support of federal health program implementations.
• Developing technical products such as research papers, briefing papers, and recommendations to support program administration.
• Deliver strategic advice and counsel to CMS, and potentially other healthcare entities for the advancement of health outcomes.
• Advanced degree in business. public health, medicine or healthcare, healthcare policy, public policy, economics, or related field with 7 or more years of experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate analyses and findings to various stakeholders
• Strong leadership, including the executive presence needed to work directly with senior government representatives and the ability to guide MITRE team members.
• Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
• Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and ability to work successfully in ambiguous situations
• Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills.
• Ability to create high quality work products with excellent attention to detail
This requisition requires the following clearance(s):
Suitability - HHS
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please contact MITRE’s Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
At MITRE, we solve problems for a safer world. Through our federally funded R&D centers and public-private partnerships, we work across government to tackle challenges to the safety, stability, and well-being of our nation. As a not-for-profit organization, MITRE works in the public interest across federal, state and local governments, as well as industry and academia. We bring innovative ideas into existence in areas as varied as artificial intelligence, intuitive data science, quantum information science, health informatics, space security, policy and economic expertise, trustworthy autonomy, cyber threat sharing, and cyber resilience.