NewWave HQ Project Manager in Woodlawn, Maryland
The Project Manager will understand the customer and corporate needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes. This position supports a large-scale IT program supporting the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). We are looking for a person that is interested in improving the quality of healthcare nationwide.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management and delivery of multiple agile teams as part of a large-scale development effort. The Project Manager will work directly with program leadership and the customer to ensure deliverables are delivered on-time and within budget.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
• Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex and inter-related project tasks
• Manages work through iterative (agile) methods (e.g., Scrum, Extreme Programming, SAFe etc.)
• Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization
• Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items
• Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs
• Tracks and provides update status of all Plans of Actions and Milestones within program/project area
• Identifies, schedules and tracks all work assignments, tasks, special projects and the creation of a portfolio backlog that will enable the client to prioritize work efforts (iterations)
• Identifies how much of the work effort addresses IT development versus maintenance versus operations activities
• Identifies and mitigates risks
• Assigns and budgeting resources
• Quality assurance and control
• Tracks issues and resolutions
• Scope and risk management
• Manages Inventory
• Manages Configuration
• Change control
• Establishes an Agile team-recognized “Definition of Done” for every story, sprint/iteration, and feature release
• Removes team road blocks and being a champion of Agile principles
• Produces all required reports
• Requires a bachelor's degree in a related field such as information technology, computer science, or engineering.
• Proven knowledge of managing Agile Software Development efforts
• Experience in modern requirement gathering techniques including creation of user stories, epics, and themes
• Ability to work in a team environment and have sound judgment.
• Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all deliverables.
• Be able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management.
• Possess critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills.
• Understanding and wide application of methodology and subject matter related concepts, practices, standards and procedures with a general knowledge of other related business disciplines.
• A demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed as well as a willingness to do collaborative software development as necessary
• Experience working in a SCRUM project
• Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
• Works with limited supervision.
• PMP Preferred
• Agile Certification a plus
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Microsoft Project
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
Should be deadline and closure oriented.
Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
Should be self-driven.
Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.
Post End Date: 10/31/2020